Nursing Specialty Certificates
Leadership/Management and Nurse-Educator Post-Graduate Certificates
A Post-Graduate Certificate option is offered on a space available basis for RNs who hold a master's or DNP degree in nursing and would like to expand their practice to include Nurse Leadership/Management or Nurse Educator preparation. A minimum of 9 credits in an individually designed program of study is required for Leadership/Management and 15 graduate credits are required for the Nurse Educator certificate program.
The program of study is individually designed with a faculty advisor based on curricular and certification requirements.
Nurse Educator Required Courses (15 credits)
- NURS 680 Foundations of Nursing Education (3 credits)
- NURS 681 Innovative Teaching Strategies (3 credits)
- NURS 682 Curriculum Design and Evaluation (3 credits)
- NURS 683 Foundations in Program Evaluation for Nursing Education (3 credits)
- NURS 684P Practicum in Classroom Teaching (2 credits)
- NURS 685P Practicum in Clinical Teaching (1 credit)
Wound, Ostomy, Continence (WOC Program)
The Wound, Ostomy, Continence (WOC) Program is online course work that prepares the post-baccalaureate or the Master's prepared RN to take the WOC certification exam. Students are directed to www.webwocnurse.com for complete information about the WOC program.