Media Literacy MinorThis minor prepares students to be critical consumers of the wide range of media that envelops them every day. Students also learn about audience, media globalization, emergence and convergence of media trends and theory appropriate for critical analysis.
Requirements (20 total credits)
Required Courses (8 credits)
Electives (12 credits)
- COMM 321 Gender, Sport and Communication
- INFS 315 Searching for Information
- INFS 338 Craft and Commerce of Book Publishing
- MDST 371 American Film: Traditions and Trends
- MDST 378 World Cinema
- MDST 560 Writing for Television
- MDST 561 Advanced Television Writing
- MDST 580 Issues in Communication Technology
Substitutions can be made by contacting coordinator, Dr. Maythee Kantar at 651-999-5943 or firstname.lastname@example.org.