To complete a psychology minor, students are required to take a minimum of 20 credits of psychology. Twelve of these 20 credits must be taken at Metropolitan State and 15 credits must be upper division. According to university general education policy, 12 credits of the minor may overlap with general education/liberal studies credits.
Required Courses (8 credits)
One of the following:
- STAT 201 Statistics I* or
- PSYC 307 Data/Statistical Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences or
- PSYC 312 Research Methods or
- PSYC 317 Human Factors
Guided Electives (Select 8 credits from two or more categories below)
- Developmental Psychology** or
- PSYC 300 Abnormal Psychology or
- PSYC 332 Psychology of Personality or
- PSYC 336 Social Psychology or PSYC 363 Community Psychology
Students are to select 4 or more credits to reach all credit requirements noted above.
* Students taking STAT 201 are required to have only 12 upper division psychology credits.
** Developmental area courses at Metropolitan State include: PSYC 301, PSYC 302, PSYC 308, PSYC 308T, PSYC 339.