This program provides associate degree educated dental hygienists from accredited institutions an opportunity to complete a Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene (BSDH). The growing healthcare environment creates exciting opportunities for dental hygiene practice and the delivery of oral health care.
Our innovative baccalaureate degree completion program prepares individuals for positions of responsibility in dental hygiene, including opportunities in clinical practice, education, management, community health, leadership roles, research, and sales.
Contemporary contributors that support the need for baccalaureate prepared dental hygienists:
- A well informed and health conscious public
- Technological advances in oral health
- New health care laws expanding access to care
- Evidence-based best practices
- Growth of a graying population with more complex health needs
Increasing diversity of our communities
Benefits of earning a Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene:
- Working to the fullest capacity within the dental hygiene scope of practice
- Teaching in dental hygiene or health related fields
- Taking on collaborative leadership roles within professional work environments
- Creating pathways to more career opportunities
- Preparing for a graduate degree in the Master of Science in Advanced Dental Therapy
Get more information about the dental hygiene program
For more information please call the College of Health, Community and Professional Studies at Metropolitan State University at 651-793-1375 or the Normandale Community College counseling department at 952-487-8261.