How do I get my experiential learning assessed for college credit?
There are several opportunities to learn how your individual experiences can be assessed for college credit.
- Please read the following ECAP Early Childhood Experiential Learning fact sheet and checklist.
- Participate in a FREE Online Training.
- View an Interactive Early Childhood Assessment Program Online Tutorial.
- Attend a FREE workshop offered by the Early Childhood Assessment Program located at Metropolitan State University or an early childhood agency in the community. For more information about our face-to-face workshops, please visit our Metropolitan State University class schedule and register for Psyc 020. The class schedule is available on the university's home page.
- Complete assignments that correspond with training you have already attended in the community. Click here to see a complete list of approved training and instructions for earning credit. If you attended training that is not on the list, you may still have your learning assessed. Register for one of the free workshops or online training.
- If you are interested in learning more about the policies and procedures of the Early Childhood Assessment Program, you can read the Getting Credit for What You Know in Child Care Handbook.
- Learn about Metropolitan State University.
- Be introduced to the concept of experiential learning.
- Reflect on their experiential learning.
- Work through examples of experiential learning assessment.
- Document the learning acquired through non-traditional educational settings, work activities, and life experiences.
- Determine the amount of credit to request.
- Write a 250-words narrative description of their learning experiences.
- Complete the Quick Start Registration Form and the Individual Experiential Learning Assessment Proposal Form (Form A).
- Learn about the process for assessment and credit evaluation.
"Getting Credit for What You Know in Early Childhood" is also available online. For registration, you will need to email your name, address, phone and SSN or student ID# to our registration office. Please ask to register for Psyc 020-82 Getting Credit for What You Know in Early Childhood online course. The registration email address is: email@example.com.