- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and attitudes related to the transdisciplinary foundations of alcohol and drug counseling, (i.e. understanding addiction, treatment knowledge, application to practice, and professional readiness)
- Demonstrate proficiency in the provision of counseling services to people with alcohol and drug use problems, as defined by the 12 core functions or the 8 practice dimensions.
- Demonstrate the ability to discuss and reflect upon the following professional practice issues:
Completion of at least 880-hours of clinical practicum in chemical dependency.
- How an agency functions
- How to function as an intern
- Ethics and professionalism
- Cultural diversity
- Counseling theory and practice