The Psychology Club is an academic organization for students at Metropolitan State University. It is comprised of psychology majors or minors but all students are encouraged to join and attend meetings and events. In addition, Metropolitan State University has an active chapter of Psi Chi, the National Society for Psychology Students.
Our objectives are to expose students to a variety of topics within the field of psychology and to assist students in reaching their academic and professional goals. It has been proven that students who are active and participate in school organizations are more likely to graduate and may do so with higher grades than those who do not and also have way more fun
It is the responsibility of the Psychology Club to support the student body in obtaining their academic, career, and social goals as members of the Metropolitan State University community. The Club aims to be a primary resource to assist students in making informed decisions regarding their educational and career choices by presenting and guiding students to information about the many options available to them.
Also, to promote and expand the field of Psychology on campus through the use of campus and community resources and assist in developing a more active Psi Chi chapter.
We aim to create a more sustainable and open organizational structure for the club to ensure smooth transitions, replicable results of successful events, and to ensure we cater to the needs and interests of the student body as a whole. It is the responsibility of the Club to adhere to the beliefs that the club is run by the students, for the students, and collaboration among other student organizations is crucial in building and maintaining campus cohesiveness and student engagement.
- Interact with psychology students who share similar interests
- Get to know the psychology faculty
- Learn about graduate school opportunities and career options
- Get involved in your community
- Volunteer with the MPA events and have the opportunity to attend the annual conference for free!
- Membership looks great on your graduate school application (but your participation looks even better!)
- Priority registration to all the Psychology Club hosted events