- Providing you with an approved academic plan for completion of your major requirements.
- Formalizing transfer course evaluations for your major requirements.
- Ensuring that you complete prerequisites in a timely manner and take courses in the most beneficial sequence.
- Avoiding costly registration and course planning mistakes.
- Allowing you to choose, if major requirements change, between the requirements in place when you declared a major or the new requirements.
Some programs have admission requirements that must be completed before you can declare the program. You are expected to complete any admission requirements, submit a Program Declaration form and be admitted to the program by the time you complete 80 credits or within one year of transferring to Metropolitan State (whichever comes later). Students who do not have an approved program by this deadline may be prevented from registering. Declaring a program does not prevent you from changing your program in the future.
You must complete PRSP 301 Perspectives: Educational Philosophy and Planning within your first or second term in the College of Individualized Studies. This degree plan, when approved, serves as a blueprint toward building an academic program that meets your educational and personal goals.
If you have general questions for the College of Individualized Studies, contact us at 651-793-1783 or visit the College of Individualized Studies website.
For more information see University Policy #2020.