Fall Semester: July 1
Applicants should allow 7-10 business days for review once all required application materials are received and sent to the College of Management Graduate Admissions Committee. All application materials become the property of Metropolitan State University and are not returned.
To be considered for full admission to the MIS Graduate Certificate Program, you must submit the following materials:
- New! Online Application--You will use your MnSCU StarID to complete the application. If you don't have a MnSCU StarID you will create one at the beginning of the application.
- You are strongly encouraged to use the online application, but if you'd rather use the paper application, you can access it here.
- Non-refundable application fee
- Current fee of $20 is waived for graduates of Metropolitan State.
- Pay online using the online application, or send check w/ paper application.
- Official transcripts
- Must show a baccalaureate degree or equivalent earned from a regionally accredited institution with grade-point average or narrative description describing courses completed.
- Transcripts from ALL schools attended after high school and from any graduate or professional programs are required.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. schools must be evaluated (course-by-course) by either ECE (preferred) or WES.
- Electronic transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paper transcripts should be send directly from the sending institution (preferred.)
Submit Part One to:
(If using paper application and if paper transcripts are being submitted.)
Graduate Studies Office Metropolitan State University
|Mailing Address:||Office Location:|
|1501 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403
|13th Street and Harmon Place|
MEC Building, Office M4003
- Current resume
- One year of full-time professional work experience is recommended for the program.
- A word-processed paper (double-spaced and approximately two pages) explaining "Why I wish to earn the MIS Graduate Certificate".
- Test Scores
- All recent assessment scores.
Submit Part Two to:
College of Management Graduate Studies
Metropolitan State University
1501 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Because this is not a degree-granting program, applications from international students studying on an F-1 student visa will not be accepted.