|U.S. Citizens||International Students|
|Fall Semester, July 1
Spring Semester, November 15
Summer Term, March 15
|Fall Semester, May 1|
Spring Semester, September 1
No summer admissions
Application deadlines will not be waived. Applications for admission are not considered until all requirements are met and fees received.
Applicants should allow 7-10 business days for review once all required application materials are received and sent to the College of Management Graduate Admissions Committee. All application materials become the property of Metropolitan State University and are not returned. To be considered for full admission you must submit all parts of the application packet:
- The Metropolitan State Graduate Programs Application includes optional Request for Confidential Information.
- Non-refundable application fee
- Current fee of $20 is waived for graduates of Metropolitan State.
- Official transcripts
- Official transcripts showing a baccalaureate degree or equivalent earned from an accredited institution with grade-point average or narrative description describing courses completed from all schools attended after high school and transcripts from any graduate or professional programs.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. schools must be evaluated by ECE (preferred) or WES. The equivalent of a baccalaureate degree is required for all graduate programs.
Submit Part One to:
Graduate Studies Office
Metropolitan State University
New Main 206
700 East Seventh Street
Saint Paul, MN 55106
- Test Scores
- All recent assessment scores. If you already possess an earned PhD, DDS, MD, or JD degree from an accredited U.S. institution or are participants in a College of Management special program, the requirement may be waived.
- Current resume
- One year of professional work experience is recommended for the program.
- Goals Essay
- A word-processed paper (double-spaced and approximately two pages) explaining "Why the Master's Degree Would Help Me Achieve My Professional Goals," with specific reference to the program. Describe significant achievements, planned career, and community or personal activities, including what you can contribute to the program.
- Two References
- Two reference letters from employers or others who can attest to the importance of the master's degree in enhancing your professional development and commenting on your ability to pursue and successfully complete a graduate program.
Submit Part Two to:
College of Management
Graduate Program Office
Metropolitan State University
1501 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Part Three – International Students Only
In addition to parts one and two, international student applicants must provide:
- Proof of English proficiency
(must show a minimum TOEFL score of 600 paper or 250 computer)
- Financial statement
- Immunization records
- Passport, visa, I-94, international home address and phone numbers
Visit International Student Services graduate admissions for part three details.