The BS in Law Enforcement helps individuals develop the knowledge, perspective and skills necessary for successful law enforcement careers. The law enforcement major provides both academic and skills course work.
The SLC Law Enforcement Major is offered to those who are interested in law enforcement at any stage of their career: beginning, completed skills and the POST exam (eligible to become a licensed police officer if hired by a police department), or already a licensed police officer.
There are three tracks in the Law Enforcement Major:
- Track 1 is designed for students interested in becoming licensed peace officers in Minnesota. Students preparing to become eligible as a licensed police officer in the state of Minnesota should know that the law enforcement major is an accredited, POST Certified program which leads qualified students to test with the Minnesota Board of Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST Board).
- Track 2 is designed for students who want to major in law enforcement, but are not seeking licensure in Minnesota.
- Track 3 is for Minnesota Licensed Police Officers with an option of on campus or online course offerings.
Other items to note:
- MN requires a minimum of an associate's degree in law enforcement
- Excellent program for working students to have flexible class schedule
Get more information about the Law Enforcement program:
|Apply to the University
Explore the Curriculum
Download a Major Checklist
View Class Schedule
|Declare Your Program|
Access Academic Advising
Meet Faculty and Staff
LECJEC Writing Center