The Testing Center is a program of the Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) and provides a secure environment for:
- Metropolitan State students taking makeup exams for classroom courses, exams for independent study courses, and waiver exams for the College of Management,
- MnSCU students taking exams for online courses, and
- Other students taking exams for courses taught at non-MnSCU institutions.
There is no charge for testing for exams for courses taught at Metropolitation State University or MnSCU institutions. There is a $35 per exam fee for courses taught at non-MnSCU instituions, payable by check or money-order.
Instructors: please see Instructor Procedures for submitting exams to the Testing Center.
Students: please see Student Procedures for scheduling exams in the Testing Center. We also help make arrangements for an Off-site Proctor for students who cannot travel to our campuses to take exams for Metropolitan State courses.
Computers: please schedule computerized exams only at the Midway location.
Fragrances: please refrain from wearing fragrances or perfumes when visiting either Testing Center location.
Testing Center Schedule for Spring 2013
May 16 - August 3 (closed May 22 - 27 & July 1 - 7)
|Monday||Midway Room O||10 a.m. 1 p.m.|
|Wednesday||Midway Room O||Noon3 p.m.|
|Thursday||Minneapolis MEC 2nd Floor||10 a.m.1 p.m.|
|Midway Room O||10 a.m.3:30 p.m.|
August 5 - 17 TBA
Midway Room O
|TBA||Midway Room O||TBA|
Disability related testing accommodations may be obtained through the Disability Services office.
Placement assessment tests and graduate admissions assessments may be scheduled through the Placement Assessment office.
The CAE Testing Center is closed as follows:
- May 22 - 27 for the Memorial Day Holiday Weekend
- July 1 - 7 for the Independence Day Holiday Week
- August 18 - September 2 for the semester break
Contact Information for all locations
Center for Academic Excellence, 700 East Seventh Street,
Saint Paul, MN 55106-5000