Capital improvement projects and planning is about utilizing university and state funded resources to address current and future facility needs. The projects currently underway and/or in the planning process for future construction include:
Saint Paul Campus:
- Student Center Pre-Design Report
Final Predesign Report
Design is expected to start in Fall 2012.
- Science Education Center design underway. The project failed to get legislative support in 2012. We will be seeking construction funding in next cycle.
Dec. 10, 2012 Community Meeting Presentation
- St. John's Hall explansion project was completed in August 2011. Public Art procurement is underway.
- Parking Ramp - Revenue bond sale for a new parking ramp is anticipated in February 2013. Design effort estimated to start in Fall 2012.
Parking Ramp Pre-Design Report 1.0-5.0
Jan. 14, 2013 Community Meeting Presentation
- 2012 Higher Education Asset Preservation and Replacement Project in the MnSCU allocation from the bonding bill funds:
- Replace cooling water tower (Design started and construction expected after cooling season).
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Center on the Hennepin Technical College (North) Campus, opened in the Fall 2010. Procurement of Public Art is underway.
Progress photos on exterior lighting sculpture: Photos
Minneapolis Community and Technical College:
Campus Facilities Projects