The password reset application is a one-stop self-service application that will allow you to change your Metropolitan State University student user account if you have forgotten your password.
Please note: This tool only allows you to change the password on your Metropolitan State University student user account. It cannot change your eServices or StarID password. If you require further assistance, please contact the IT Desk during normal hours.
Instructions for using the Password Reset Application
If you have not used this application before, please read the following to understand how it works.
1. Enter your Metropolitan State University username and click Next
2. Choose your authentication method. Check the first option to answer security questions, or check the second box to be emailed a custom web link. Please note: If we do not have a personal email address on file, option 2 will not work for you.
3. If you selected option 1, answer the questions (minimum of three) that you will be asked. Tips: Make sure you add leading zeroes, and if you are asked for a date or month, enter numbers only, with leading zeroes (e.g. May would be entered "05").
4. If you selected option 2, watch your personal email account for a message with a custom password reset link. This link will be valid for a maximum of 20 minutes. Click the link and proceed to the next step.
5. Enter your new password twice (they must match). Also, enter the code that is displayed on the screen. Click next to reset your password. Please be patient, this may take a few moments.
6. If all went well, you will see a "Password Reset" page. You can now close the browser window. Your new password will be set.