The wireless carts are one of the newest additions to our technology resources. The wireless carts are mobile and contain laptop computers, each with a built-in wireless network card. The laptops connect to the network providing access to the Internet, as well as, network based applications. An LCD projector is mounted on the top of the wireless cart for visual presentations.
After a short training session the cart may be reserved by faculty and staff for classroom use.
- Some features of the wireless cart are:
- The wireless cart turns virtually any classroom into a computer lab.
- A projector can easily be used with the instructors' laptop making it a complete multimedia 'workstation.
- No need to plug laptops into a power supply
- The only wires or cables involved are those to power the cart and connect to the network itself allowing the students desk space to be uncluttered except for their own.
- There are CD and floppy drives that accompany the cart.
- The laptops have two batteries which provide up to six hours of when fully charged. (to use the floppy or CD you must remove one battery)
Reserving the Cart
Prior to reserving the wireless cart faculty and staff must go through a short training session on how to use and secure the cart. Users may contact the IT Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-793-1240 to schedule a training session.
Once training has been completed faculty and staff may reserve the wireless cart by contacting the Scheduling Office at 651-793-1709.