The mission of the Metropolitan State Information Technology Security Management Services is to provide secure systems access and data privacy through proactive monitoring and analysis, user education, and the development and implementation of security models to support the university's mission and goals.
Areas of Responsibility Include
- Performing network intrusion detection and conducting investigations related to security incident complaints in consultation with appropriate executive management.
- Evaluating threats and vulnerabilities and assuring creation of appropriate remediation plans including working on disaster recovery planning, and compliance with all applicable regulations, as well as business continuity planning.
- Conducting institutional security testing and monitoring in support of policy enforcement and operational assurance.
- Providing leadership for university security policies and practices to protect critical resources and services by creating security policies and standards that comply with existing and emerging security-related laws, regulations, and policies for compliance goals.
- Providing guidance and assistance for access, authentication and authorization practices and procedures across all university resources.
- Impart security awareness that encompasses policies and procedures, risk avoidance, best practices and incident response procedures.
As a member of the Minnesota State Colleges & University (MnSCU) System, Metropolitan State University adheres to the rules and regulations set forth by the board of directors and leadership of that organization. Policies, Procedures and Guidelines for MnSCU systems can be found at: http://www.its.mnscu.edu/security/policies-procedures-guidelines/index.html
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651.793.1240 if you have questions or concerns regarding system security or ways to protect your data.